How to Install Android Marshmallow 6.0 on Moto G 1st gen 2013 – Cyanogen Mod 13 on XT1033/XT1032
Android Marshmallow has been there for quite some time now and after the release of the sources the work has progressed very quickly for most phones. Moto G is one of the mobiles fortunate to get Android Marshmallow in the form an unofficial compiled Cyanogen mod 13 rom. The rom is stable enough for daily use but because it is based on the google play edition firmware only one sim will work for the dual sim varients of the Moto g(XT1033). Adding to that CDMA varients have not been tested by me and as per the reports from the xda thread , this rom doesn’t work for the CDMA varients.
So the Bugs are :
- Only One sim works for Dual sim varients
- Mobile Data (2g Worked for me)
- CDMA not supported
Everything else is working fine! So go ahead and give the new sweet a try…
As per my experience the battery backup has improved , I am guessing ‘Dose’ is the cause and performance coming from lollipop has also been better for the 2-3 days I used this rom. One thing that impressed me is improved ram management , no one seems to be talking about this but I see a difference , that’s because of marshmallow or CM13 I don’t know!
HOW TO INSTALL?
You will require
- An Unlocked bootloader
- A custom recovery , I used TWRP recovery Download here
- Cyanogen mod 13 Firmware File – Download
- Gapps File – Download
- (Only for Multisim)Network fix – Download
- A brain
I have also made an installation video of this you can follow that also
- First copy all Files (3 if you are dual sim ,2 if you are single sim) to your internal storage
- Now open your phone in bootloader mode, To open in bootloader mode power off your phone, when its powered off press and hold the volume down + Power button for 3 seconds.
- Select the Recovery option this time by pressing the power down button to scroll over recovery and pressing volume up to select.
- Your Phone will boot up into recovery.
- If you used Twrp recovery -Your touch screen works in twrp recovery, so select the Wipe option and then advanced wipe ,check wipe cache, dalvik cache,data. Then Swipe to wipe them.
- Now go back to the main screen of the recovery and select Install
- Now browse to the cm13 rom file that you placed in the phone and select it , Then flash it by swiping to the right. It will take 2-5 minutes to flash the rom.
- (Only for Dual Sim) Flash The network fix using the same steps as mentioned above.
- Flash the Gapps file also using the same steps.
- Reboot your phone. The first boot will take around 3-10 minutes, so don’t worry!
Frequently Asked Questions | FAQ
Ill Keep Updating the List.
- Does Dual Sim work? No, this rom is based on gpe firmware so dual sim will not work
- Can I revert my Phone Back to Lollipop ? –Yes, You can follow this xda thread . Want me to give step by step procedure? Comment below
- Do i Need to Root For flashing this? – Yes and No, You dont actually need to root your device for flashing this but you need an unlocked bootloader, unlocking bootloader will void warranty.
- Is there any chance that my phone will become unusable?– If you follow this procedure correctly for the right device than no.
- Can I revert Back to dual sim?– Yes you can flash lollipop firmware to revert back.