How to Restore/Upgrade/Convert Moto G 1st gen to stock 5.0.2 Lollipop
This tutorial can be used to
- Fix a moto g that doesn’t boot but can be opened into fastboot mode.
- Restore Back to stock 5.0.2 rom from any lollipop rom including people who have converted their mobiles to google play edition.
- Upgrade mobiles from any kitkat firmware including google play edition kitat firmware.
This tutorial has been found working. Still we do not hold any responsibility.
YOU WILL REQUIRE
- An unlocked bootloader (Follow official instructions here )
- Motorola drivers – Download From here
- Mfastbootv2 – Download here
- Adb , I suggest you download and install minimal adb and fastboot from here
- 7zip for extracting the firmwares
This tutorial should be used only for lollipop 5.0.2 firmwares!
Choose the right firmware for your phone
XT1033 (Asia) 5.0.2 – Download
XT1033 (Brazil) 5.0.2 – Download
All the other firmwares can be DOWNLOADED FROM HERE
- Unpack/exract the firmware zip file to a folder on your c drive.
- Extract all the files in the mfastboot archive to the same folder you extracted the firmware
- Reboot your phone in fastboot mode , Power off your phone . Then keep holding volume down and power key for 3 seconds.
- Connect your phone to your computer
- Open the folder in which you have extracted the firmware and the mfastboot files, hold Lshift and then right click then select open command window here.
- Enter these commands one by one and each should return an [OKAY]
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
If you don’t get an [OKAY] for any of these, you either have downloaded wrong firmware files or your firmware files are corrupted (Download again).
Reboot your phone by pressing the volume up button
Your phone will boot up into 5.0.2 lollipop!
If you have any problems comment here or share a word with the other users flashing this.